OVEN BAKED WITH TOPPING:
- Mix thawed hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, salt, pepper, dried onion, sour cream, soup, and cheese.
- Put into buttered 9 X 13 pan.
- Mix crushed corn flakes with 1/4 cup melted butter and spread over top of the potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.
- When these potatoes can cooked in a slow cooker the corn flake topping is eliminated but they are still great even without the topping.
- Place in a slow cooker and cook for an hour on high; then turn down to low and cook another 2 hours; or cook on low for 4 hours. Stir 2 or 3 times through cooking time.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 x 13 baking pan
|-||2 pounds southern style hash browns, thawed|
|-||1/2 cup butter, melted|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|-||2 tablespoons dried minced onion|
|-||12 ounces sour cream|
|-||1 can cream of chicken soup|
|-||2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
|-|| OVEN BAKED WITH TOPPING:|
|-||2 cups crushed corn flakes|
|-||1/4 cup butter melted|