- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs; there should be about 2 cups.
- In a small skillet, heat 2 tbsp. butter and sauté the onion over medium-low heat until transparent, not browned.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 1-quart soufflé dish or other deep sided pan.
- In a food processor, puree 1 cup of the corn kernels. Add onion and process again.
- Add the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, pepper and sugar; process until well combined.
- Stir in the remaining corn and chives.
- Pour into prepared dish and dot with the remaining butter.
- Place the dish in a larger pan and pour boiling water in the pan until it reaches half way up the sides of the soufflé dish.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until the custard is set when tested with a knife. Serve hot.
|Cook Time: 1 hour|
Container: 1 quart deep sided baking dish
|-||3 medium ears of corn, shucked|
|-||3 tablespoons butter|
|-||1 medium onion, thinly sliced|
|-||1 cup milk|
|-||1/2 cup heavy cream|
|-||1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|-||1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|-|| Salt to taste|
|-||1/4 teaspoon white pepper|
|-||1 teaspoon sugar|
|-||1/3 cup finely snipped chives|