- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- In a saucepan, combine the chicken, carrots, celery, and frozen peas. Cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain; then set aside for use later.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the onions in butter until soft.
- Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed; then slowly add the chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium heat until thick. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place one of the piecrusts in the bottom of the pie pan; then pour in the chicken mixture and spread evenly.
- Pour the sauce over the top of chicken mixture. Cover with the top crust, seal the edges, and cut away the excess dough. Make several slits in the top crust for steam to escape.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
|Container: 9-inch pie pan|
|-||1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cubed|
|-||1 cup carrots, sliced|
|-||1/2 cup celery, sliced|
|-||1 cup frozen peas|
|-||1/3 cup onion, chopped|
|-||1/3 cup butter|
|-||1/3 cup flour|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|-||1/4 teaspoon celery seed|
|-||1 3/4 cups chicken broth|
|-||2/3 cup milk|
|-||2 9-inch pie crusts, bottom and top|