- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crumbs into the pan; then using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
WARM LEMON BERRY TOPPING:
- Beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time and continue to beat slowly.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten.
- Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it.
- Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours. The cheesecake should still jiggle, so be careful not to overcook.
- Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours.
- Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim.
- Unmold and transfer to a cake plate.
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the fruit begins to break down slightly.
- Leave to cool before spreading on cheesecake.
- Using a spatula spread a layer of the topping over the surface of the cheesecake.
- Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water. Wipe dry after each cut.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1.5 hours
Container: Springform pan
|-||2 cups finely ground graham crackers (about 30 squares)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted|
|-||2 packages cream cheese, softened (8 oz pkg)|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 pint sour cream|
|-||1 lemon, zested|
|-||1 dash vanilla extract|
|-|| WARM LEMON BERRY TOPPING:|
|-||1 pint blueberries or raspberries|
|-||1 lemon, zested and juiced|
|-||2 tablespoons sugar|