- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9- x 13-inch baking pan.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and the oil until crumbly.
- Press the cake mixture into the bottom of the greased pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Beat the remaining eggs with the corn syrup, sugar, and melted butter until blended. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour this mixture on top of baked crust; then bake an additional 40 to 45 minutes or until the filling has set.
- Cool completely; then cut into 2-inch squares. Makes about 2 dozen.
Note: If you don't have dark corn syrup, you can use light corn syrup, but use brown sugar rather than white sugar.
|Cook Time: 1 hour|
Container: 9- x 13-inch baking pan
|-||1 package yellow cake mix|
|-||1/3 cup oil|
|-||1 cup dark corn syrup (*see note below)|
|-||1 cup sugar (*see note below)|
|-||1/4 cup melted butter|
|-||2 cups chopped pecans|