- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and shortening till it is like cornmeal.
- Stir in milk with fork.
- Roll out as you would for pie crust.
- Cut the dough into six 6-inch circles.
- On each circle, place: 1 T sugar, a dash of cinnamon, and 1/2 peeled apple.
- To create the dumpling, bring up the four sides and seal with a dab of water; place in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix sugar, water, and margarine for syrup. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- After boiling the syrup mixture, pour it over the apples dumplings.
- Bake at 375Â°F for 45 to 60 minutes or until apples are tender when poked with a fork.
- These dumplings freeze well for a great make-a-head dessert. Freeze them before pouring syrup over them; then when ready to bake, make up the syrup mixture, pour over the apples, and then bake.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9 x 13-inch pan
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/3 cup shortening|
|-||2/3 cup milk|
|-||6 tablespoons sugar|
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon|
|-||3 apples (peeled)|
|-||1 1/2 cups sugar|
|-||2 cups water|
|-||1/2 cup butter|