- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix until the ingredients are completely blended; then add the oatmeal and the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes; then cool on wire racks.
Note: The chocolate chips can be substituted with white chocolate, milk chocolate, or butterscotch chips. You may also mix flavors, such as half butterscotch and half milk chocolate chips.
|Cook Time: 15 minutes|
Container: Cookie sheet
|-||1 cup shortening|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||2 cups flour|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 cups oatmeal|
|-||1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips|