- Combine oats, flour, salt, brown sugar, baking soda, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle one cup of this mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- In a double boiler or microwave, stir the package of caramels and milk until melted. Pour over the crust after it has baked; then sprinkle on the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture over all and bake again at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
- Cool; then refrigerate to set the caramel.
Note: Do not press the oat mixture into the pan, just drop it in.
Note: The recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate chips if you would prefer.
|Cook Time: 20 minutes|
Container: 9- x 13-inch pan
|-||1 cup quick oats|
|-||1 cup flour|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1 package caramels (14 oz.)|
|-||1 cup chocolate chips|
|-||1 cup packed brown sugar|
|-||3/4 cup butter (melted)|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda|
|-||1/3 cup milk|
|-||1/2 cup walnuts (optional)|