- In a saucepan, stir brown sugar and milk together; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar disolves.
- Add the butter, vanilla, and peanut butter. Stir well.
- Add the flour for thickness. Remove from the heat and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter. Add the flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, salt, and baking powder; mix together.
- Press about half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the crust and sprinkle with the remaining oatmeal mixture. (Make sure the sauce is not too runny; you may need to add more flour.) Bake for 1 hour.
|Container: 9- x 13-inch baking pan|
|-|| PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL:|
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1/4 cup butter|
|-||1/4 cup milk|
|-||1/2 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1/4 cup peanut butter|
|-||1/4 cup flour|
|-|| CRUST AND TOPPING:|
|-||1 1/2 cups butter|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||1 1/2 cups brown sugar|
|-||2 cups oatmeal|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt|
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder|