- Butter square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup, water, cornstarch, margarine, and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, to 256 F on candy thermometer or until a small amount dropped into very cold water forms a hard but still pliable ball.
- Remove from heat stir in vanilla one teaspoon at a time; and then add a couple drops of food coloring.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- When just cool enough to handle, butter hands and pull the taffy until it becomes a satiny color.
- Pull into long strips 1/2 inch wide.
- Cut strips with scissors. Wrap pieces individually in wax paper. Candy must be wrapped to hold its shape.
|Prep Time: 1.5 hours|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: 8 x 8 x 2 baking pan
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||3/4 cup light corn syrup|
|-||2/3 cup water|
|-||1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|-||2 tablespoons margarine or butter|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla|
|-|| Food coloring (any color you like)|