- Lay out the butter, eggs, and sour cream a couple hours before cooking making this recipe so that they are at room temperature.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift the Soft-as Silk cake flour before measuring.
- After measuring, add baking powder and salt, then re-sift and re-measure.
- Discard anything over 2 cups.
- Add the sifted flour to the creamed ingredients.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans for topping.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour half of the batter in the pan.
- Cover with half the topping.
- Pour other half of batter in, then the remaining topping.
- Place in 350°F preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature before flipping onto a plate.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
|-||1 cup butter - real butter, not margarine|
|-||2 cups sugar |
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1 cup sour cream |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla extract |
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||2 cups cake flour - Soft-as-Silk brand (do not substitute), sifted|
|-||2 tablespoons brown sugar |
|-||1/2 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1/2 cup pecans - chopped|
|-|| powdered sugar |