- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray bottoms and sides of mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- For the dough: In a food processor, pulse pecans with the sugar, salt, and flour, until the nuts are ground and the ingredients are combined.
- Add in butter and pulse until dough resembles coarse meal.
- Slowly pour in ice water through the feed tube, pulsing, until the dough comes together.
- Remove from processor bowl onto clean work surface sprinkled with flour.
- Form dough into a ball and divide evenly into 24 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and evenly press into each cup, until the bottom is covered.
- If the dough is sticky, dip your fingers in flour first.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until the crusts are very golden.
- Check periodically to make sure they don't get too brown.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and yolk with the corn syrup, sugar, pumpkin filling and vanilla.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Remove dough from oven and spoon 1 tablespoon of the filling into each cup.
- Top each with 1 pretty pecan half.
- Return the pans to the oven and continue baking, for 12-15 minutes more, until the pumpkin filling is set.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pans.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
|-|| For the dough:|
|-||1/4 cup pecans |
|-||1/4 cup sugar |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||3/4 cup flour - plus extra for shaping dough|
|-||6 tablespoons butter - ice cold|
|-||3 tablespoons water - ice cold|
|-|| For the filling|
|-||1 egg - plus one egg yolk|
|-||1/2 cup corn syrup - dark|
|-||1 tablespoon sugar |
|-||1/2 cup pumpkin puree |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||1/4 cup pecans - chopped, plus 24 halves for garnish|