- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Scald milk - (1 minute in Microwave).
- Add butter to milk to melt.
- Stir salt, sugar and eggs together, beat with a fork.
- Mix all the above mixtures together, add flour all at once, mixing well.
- Let rise until double.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness in a rectangle shape.
- Soften 1 stick butter and spread evenly over dough rectangle. (keeping 1/2 inch from the far long edge for pinching).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture (1 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon cinnamon), then roll gently away from you until at the edge and pinch firmly together to seal roll.
- Use dental floss or thread to cut into 1 inch slices.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Spray sheet with no-stick spray, sprinkle with brown sugar and lay rolls 2 inches apart.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let raise until double.
- Bake at 375° F. for 10-15 min, until golden. Makes 18 rolls.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
|-||1 package active dry yeast |
|-||1/4 cup water - warm|
|-||1 cup milk |
|-||1/2 cup butter |
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons salt |
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||3 eggs |
|-||4 3/4 cups flour |