- Brown the pork sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up the meat.
- Drain and discard the fat from the sausage, and the transfer the meat to the slow cooker.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours or until the cheeses are fully melted. Don’t lift the cover until the cooking time has elapsed.
- Stir the dip before serving. Serve it with crackers or thick tortilla chips.
Note: Thin chips do not hold up well when dipping into this mixture.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 2 hours
Container: 5-quart slow cooker
|-||1 pound bulk pork sausage|
|-||1 pound pasteurized processed cheese (such as Velveeta) cubed|
|-||1 can sliced jalapeno peppers, drained (11 oz. can)|
|-||1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped|
|-||2 cloves garlic, minced|
|-||8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese, cubed|
|-||8 ounces sour cream|
|-||1 can diced tomatoes, drained (14.5 ounce can)|
|-||1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1/2 teaspoon black pepper|