- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the chicken in the oil until lightly browned on all sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a 5-quart slow cooker with a slotted spoon (to drain the oil).
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting for 7 to 8 hours. Stir before serving.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 6 or more hours
Container: 5-quart slow cooker
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil|
|-||1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips|
|-||2 cans chicken broth (14.5 ounces each)|
|-||1 package frozen corn kernels (16 ounces)|
|-||1 can diced tomatoes with liquid (14.5 ounce can)|
|-||1 medium onion, chopped|
|-||2 carrots, diced|
|-||1 medium green bell pepper, chopped|
|-||1 medium red bell pepper, chopped|
|-||1 can chopped green chilies (4 ounce can)|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|-||1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|-||1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|-|| Salt to taste|