- Toast the almonds and coconut and set aside until needed.
- Peel and section the oranges; set them aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Pour the sugar and marmalade in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove this mixture from the heat and add the white grape juice and Sprite. Stir until well blended.
- Add the cornstarch and salt; stir until the cornstarch is mixed into the marmalade mixture.
- Put the mixture back over medium heat and bring it to a full boil over. Boil for one minute or until glaze has thickened. Then remove the glaze from the heat.
- Allow the glaze to cool to room temperature and pour the mixture over the orange segments. Stir until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Add half of the almonds and half of the coconut to the orange mixture; stir to distribute evenly.
- Cover the salad with plastic or place in an airtight container; chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top with the remaining almonds and coconut.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 30 minutes
|-||8 large oranges|
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||1 cup orange marmalade |
|-||1 cup white grape juice|
|-||1/2 cup Sprite (or any other lemon-lime soda)|
|-||2 tablespoons cornstarch |
|-||1 pinch salt |
|-||4 tablespoons slivered almonds - toasted|
|-||4 tablespoons coconut - toasted|