- Place 1/2 stick of butter into a large stock pot and add in the bacon and onion.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and the onion is translucent.
- Add in the carrots and celery and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add in the chopped cauliflower and parsley. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Add to that the flour, whisk together until a roux forms. Add to that the milk, whisk together until all is incorporated and allow to cook over medium low heat until it begins to thicken.
- Add to the milk mixture the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Add the milk mixture to the soup pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to heat through.
- Serve warm.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: large stock pot
|-||1/2 cup butter |
|-||1/2 onion - diced|
|-||6 slices bacon - diced|
|-||2 carrots - peeled and diced|
|-||2 stalks celery - diced|
|-||2 cauliflower heads - rough chopped|
|-||2 quarts chicken stock or broth|
|-||2 tablespoons parsley - dried, can also use fresh|
|-||4 tablespoons flour |
|-||2 cups milk |
|-||1 cup heavy whipping cream |
|-|| salt and pepper - to taste|