- Separate eggs. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks while slowly adding sugar.
- Add in both the rum and brandy as you stir the mixture.
- Place mixture in the refrigerator to chill.
- 20-30 minutes before serving, stir in the milk, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they become stiff. Fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- In a third bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Do not overbeat.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg mixture. Sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
*NOTE: When a recipe requires "raw" eggs as an ingredient, there is always a concern that potentially harmful bacteria may have invaded the egg which may cause illness in humans. Although the probability is low (1 in 20,000 eggs), the concern does exist; therefore, if you are concerned about using raw eggs, consider an egg substitute, such as pasteurized whole eggs, egg white substitutes, or meringue powder, to reduce the potential of bacterial contamination.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 0 minutes
|-||10 medium eggs|
|-||3/4 cup superfine sugar|
|-||1/2 cup dark rum|
|-||1/2 cup brandy|
|-||2 cups milk|
|-||2 cups heavy whipping cream|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|-||1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg - more for garnish|