- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Butter the bottom and sides of the casserole dish. Set a side.
- Peel and cut up the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Place in a saucepan with salted water.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium high heat, cover, and then turn down to medium low heat. Boil for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain the water off the sweet potatoes and then place them in large bowl. Mash the potatoes with a large spoon or a potato masher.
- Add the white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and beaten eggs. Stir until mixed evenly.
- Pour the sweet potatoes into the buttered casserole dish.
- Mix the pecans, flour, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, and melted butter together in a separate bowl. Sprinkle on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 1 1/2 quart casserole dish
|-||4 large sweet potatoes (approx. 2 1/2 to 3 lbs.)|
|-||1/2 cup brown sugar |
|-||1/2 cup sugar |
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||3/4 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||2 eggs - beaten|
|-||1 cup coarsely chopped pecans |
|-||1/4 cup flour |
|-||1/3 cup brown sugar |
|-||3 tablespoons butter - melted|