- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add in the milk while stirring.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until it is thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for two minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Mix a small amount of the warm mixture in with the egg yolks to temper them. Then add the yolks into the saucepan with the rest of the mixture.
- Return to the heat and cook for an additional two minutes while stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add in the vanilla and butter. Stir to combine.
- Slice bananas and place into a cooled baked pastry shell. Top with the pudding mixutre and bake in a 350° F oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and the refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: 9 inch pie plate
|-||3/4 cup sugar |
|-||1/3 cup flour |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||2 cups milk |
|-||3 egg yolks - beaten|
|-||2 tablespoons butter |
|-||1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla |
|-||1 pie crust - 9 inch and baked|
|-||3 bananas - sliced|