- Grate zucchini. If using larger zucchini, cut out any large seed sections from the middle before grating. When the 3 cups are grated, set the zucchini aside.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all topping ingredients together. Mix butter into other ingredients using your fingers. When mixed, set aside.
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat together until slightly foamy.
- add the oil and sugar to the beaten eggs; beat with the mixer until well blended.
- Add the grated zucchini and vanilla; stir by hand until it is well mixed into the egg and sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Stir to mix evenly.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg and zucchini mixture; stir just until evenly mixed.
- Pour even amounts of the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the top of the batter in each pan. The crumble topping provides for a thick layer over the top of the loaves. If you do not want the topping that thick, don't add all of it.
- Place the loaves into the preheated oven and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from the oven and allow them to cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely before storing.
|Prep Time: 1 hour|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 1 slice
|-||3 eggs |
|-||1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil|
|-||2 cups sugar |
|-||3 cups grated zucchini |
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla |
|-||3 cups flour |
|-||1/2 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||3 teaspoons cinnamon |
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/4 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar |
|-||3/4 cup flour |
|-||3 tablespoons butter or margarine |
|-||2 teaspoons cinnamon |
|-||1/2 cup chopped pecans - chopped medium fine|