- Clean the fresh pineapple by first trimming off the top and bottom of the pineapple; then cut the pineapple crosswise to create 1/2-inch thick slices. Trim the rind off of each ring, and cut out the tough core.
- Set the rings aside, and preheat the grill to medium-high.
- While the grill is preheating, combine the butter, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Heat until the mixture is evenly mixed and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Brush the pineapple rings on one side with the glaze and place them on the grill, glazed side down; then brush the tops of the rings with the glaze.
- Close the cover and grill for approximately 3 minutes or until the pineapple has distinct grill marks.
- Turn the rings over and brush with the glaze again and then grill for another 3 minutes or until there are grill marks on the other side. Remove from the grill.
- Place one or two pineapple rings on a plate with one or two scoops of ice cream in the center; then drizzle with maples syrup. Serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
|-||1 fresh pineapple |
|-||3 tablespoons butter |
|-||1 tablespoon brown sugar (you can substitute with maple syrup or honey)|
|-||1 teaspoon lemon juice |
|-|| vanilla ice cream |
|-|| maple syrup |