- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the flour, soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add to the creamed mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the oatmeal and coconut until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cool rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
|-||1 cup brown sugar|
|-||1 cup sugar|
|-||1 cup shortening|
|-||2 eggs, beaten|
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla|
|-||1 1/2 cups flour|
|-||1 teaspoon soda|
|-||1 teaspoon salt|
|-||3 cups quick oatmeal|
|-||2 1/2 cups coconut|