- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cream shortening and sugars together.
- Add eggs one at a time until each is incorporated.
- Add vanilla and water and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add this to the batter until combined.
- Mix in the coconut, oatmeal and rice crispies. You may need to use a wooden spoon for this part instead of a mixer because the dough becomes somewhat stiff.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium (approximatley 2 teaspoon) cookie scoop, drop batter onto prepared cookie sheets and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the edges are nicely browned.
- Remove to a cooling rack. Store in an air tight container.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: mixing bowl, cookie sheets
|-||1 cup shortening - at room temperature|
|-||1 cup sugar |
|-||1 cup brown sugar - packed|
|-||3 eggs |
|-||1 teaspoon vanilla |
|-||2 teaspoons water |
|-||3 cups flour |
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||2 cups oatmeal |
|-||2 cups rice crispies cereal |
|-||1 cup coconut |
|-||12 ounces chocolate chips |