- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients with fork or pastry blender. Reserve 1 cup.
- Place the rest in bottom of 9x13x2 pan. Press down.
- In large bowl with whisk or hand mixer, beat eggs.
- Add in sugar, flour and salt. Mix well.
- Add rhubarb, stir to mix.
- Slowly pour filling on top of crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake 1 to 1 hour 20 minutes, until custard is set in the center.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9x13 baking dish, large mixing bowl, medium mixing bowl
Serving Size: 2
|-||2 cups flour |
|-||1/2 tablespoon cinnamon |
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar - packed|
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||3/4 cup shortening - butter flavored|
|-||2 cups quick oats |
|-||8 eggs |
|-||3 cups sugar |
|-||1/2 cup flour |
|-||dash salt |
|-||6 cups fresh or partially thawed frozen rhubarb|
|-||3 tablespoons unsalted butter - cut into small pats|