- Preheat broiler.
- Line large baking sheet with foil.
- Spread cut tomatoes and garbanzo beans on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to combine and coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place under broiler, toss occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred (15-20 minutes) and garbanzo beans are tanned and slightly crisp.
- Meanwhile, place spinach in large serving bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over spinach, add hot vegetables and toasted almonds. Toss to combine. (Spinach will wilt slightly).
- Note: To toast almonds, place in small dry skillet over medium low heat. Toss occasionally until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Note: Garbanzo beans are also called chickpeas.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large baking sheet, large serving bowl, small mixing bowl
|-||2 ounces almonds - slivered and toasted|
|-||1 pint grape tomatoes - cut in half|
|-||1 package fresh spinach - 10-16 oz.|
|-||14 ounces garbanzo beans - drained and rinsed, garbanzo beans are the same thing as chickpeas|
|-||1 tablespoon olive oil |
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||2 tablespoons white wine vinegar |