- Cook wild rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced celery, sauteing until crisp tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups cooked wild rice and the craisins. Heat through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on serving platter.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Season salmon with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on grill, skin side down. Close cover and grill until no longer dark pink in center, about 5-8 minutes, depending on thickness. Do not turn.
- When done, remove from grill and place on top of bed of whild rice.
- In small saucepan, stir together blackberries, honey, 2 tablespoons water and lemon zest. Heat on medium until heated through and is sauce consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Pour some sauce over salmon, serve remaining sauce on side.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Container: grill, small saucepan, pot to cook rice, medium skillet
Serving Size: 1
|-||24 ounces salmon fillets - 4 small or 1 large, skin on|
|-||2 cups wild rice - cooked|
|-||2 stalks celery - sliced|
|-||1 cup craisins |
|-|| salt and pepper - to taste|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil - divided|
|-||1 cup blackberries or raspberries|
|-||2 tablespoons honey |
|-||1/2 lemon - zested|