- Bring water to a boil in a steamer pot and then place the crab claws in the steamer basket.
- Allow them to steam for about 6 or 9 minutes. Do not overcook because it could cause the meat to stick to the shell, making it hard to remove the meat from the claws.
- When cooking, you are basically just heating up the crab claws because they are generally precooked when you buy them. After 9 or 10 minutes remove the stone crab from the steamer, crack the claws open and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle lightly with lime juice and serve with melted garlic butter (see below) for dipping.
- Garlic Butter: Blend the minced garlic in with the softened butter using a fork. Melt the blended butter before serving.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: Steamer Pot
|-||3 pounds stone crab claws |
|-||1 lime |
|-||6 tablespoons butter |
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|