- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar in with the milk.
- Add the milk mixture, oil and eggs whites to the dry ingredients just until the corn meal is moistened - do not over stir.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon the batter evenly, placing one tablespoonful into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the hush puppies are lightly browned.
- Remove immediately from the tins.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: mixing bowls, minature muffin tins
Serving Size: 2 each
|-||2/3 cup cornmeal - yellow|
|-||2/3 cup flour |
|-||2 teaspoons baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 teaspoon sugar |
|-||1/3 cup onion - finely diced|
|-||1/8 teaspoon black pepper - ground|
|-||1/2 cup milk - fat free (skim)|
|-||1 teaspoon cider vinegar |
|-||2 tablespoons vegetable oil |
|-||3 egg whites - lightly beaten|
|-|| non stick vegetable oil cooking spray|