- On a prepared pizza crust, sprinkle the olive oil; then sprinkle on the chopped garlic.
- Layer the vegetables, starting first with the tomatoes in a single layer, then the peppers in a single layer, then the onion rings.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves and cheese.
- Slide the pizza onto a pizza pan or stone.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in a 450°F oven until the crust is golden brown.
- When the pizza is done, place it on a cutting board, pile the spinach leaves in the center of pizza, and drizzle the pizza with about 2 teaspoons of olive oil; then slice and serve.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: pizza pan or baking stone
|-||1 prepacked pizza crust, or make your own|
|-||5 teaspoons olive oil - for sprinkling|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||4 plum tomatoes - sliced thin|
|-||5 miniature peppers - combination of red, yellow, and orange - sliced thin|
|-||1/2 sweet onion - sliced thin|
|-||1/2 cup fresh basil - torn|
|-||1/2 cup fontina cheese - shredded, or use any favorite, such as provolone or fresh mozzarella|
|-||2 cups baby spinach leaves |