- In medium bowl, combine lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Add shrimp. Let marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add pepper, green onions, and chestnuts.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp plus marinade and cook until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce.
- Take each whole lettuce leaf and spoon about 1/4 cup mixture down center of leaf. Fold up bottom edge, then sides over bottom and filling. Secure with toothpick.
- For heartier meal - wrap each leaf with a warmed
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: medium skillet, medium mixing bowl
Serving Size: 1
|-||3 tablespoons lime juice |
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil - divided|
|-||2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce - divided|
|-||1 tablespoon fresh ginger - grated|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||1 pound shrimp - med/large, peeled, deveined, chopped|
|-||1 red bell pepper - diced|
|-||4 green onions - diced|
|-||1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste|
|-||5 ounces can water chestnuts, drained, chopped|
|-||1 bunch (6 leaves) red leaf lettuce, keeping leaves whole|
|-|| toothpicks to hold lettuce leaves together|