- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, whisk together oil and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- On griddle or grill, saute asparagus until crisp tender, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and cut into bite size pieces.
- Pour pasta into large serving bowl. Toss with lemon sauce.
- Add asparagus, cheese, salt and pepper, and lemon thyme. Toss to combine.
- If needed, add reserved pasta water a little at a time to moisten. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.
- Serve with extra cheese on the side.
- Also good served with sauteÃƒÂ©d shrimp in tomato sauce.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: stock pot, small mixing bowl, large serving bowl
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||1 pound taglietelle pasta (or any long pasta noodle)|
|-||1/2 cup olive oil |
|-||1/2 cup lemon juice |
|-||2/3 cup Romano cheese - or more to taste|
|-||1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme - chopped|
|-||1/2 pound asparagus spears - trimmed|
|-|| salt and pepper - to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon lemon zest - for garnish|
|-||1/3 cup fresh basil - chopped|