- Preheat oven to 400Â°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, tomatoes, broth, orange juice, parsley, onion, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and the cayenne pepper. Mix together and pour into the baking dish.
- Trim the fat from the chicken pieces. The skin can be left on or removed.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken down into the rice mixture.
- Cover the dish tightly with tin foil.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through.
- Note* It takes approximately 35-40 minutes for boneless, skinless chicken and approximately 1 hour for bone in chicken pieces.
- Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon rice and chicken into large serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with parmesean cheese and additional parsley if desired.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 1 hour
Container: 9x13 baking dish, large mixing bowl
|-||1 cup brown rice long grain|
|-||14 1/2 ounces tomatoes - Italian style, diced and undrained|
|-||1 cup chicken broth |
|-||1/2 cup orange juice |
|-||1 cup parsley - curly or flat leaf, rough chopped, more for garnish if desired|
|-||1 onion - sliced thin|
|-||1 clove garlic - chopped|
|-||1/2 teaspoon ground cumin |
|-||1/4 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper - more to season chicken to taste|
|-||1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper |
|-||4 pieces chicken - your choice|
|-|| parmesan cheese - shredded for garnish|