- Bring orange juice, shallot, vinegar and sugar to a boil. Stir to dissolve the rugar, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the sauce reduces to 1/3 cup. The sauce will get nice and thick.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, whisk in 2 tablespoons of butter, put back on the heat and whisk in the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in orange marmalade and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep warm on low heat.
- Meanwhile, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium and grill the breasts until nicely browned on the outside and no longer pink in the center, approximately 7 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a serving platter, top with orange sauce and serve with your favorite side dish.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: small saucepan, grill
|-||1 cup orange juice |
|-||1 shallot - minced|
|-||5 teaspoons white wine vinegar |
|-||1 tablespoon brown sugar |
|-||1 tablespoon orange marmalade |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper |
|-||1/4 teaspoon nutmeg |
|-||6 tablespoons unsalted butter - divided|
|-||4 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless|