- Mix 1 teaspoon of the cornstarch with broth; set aside.
- Place chicken pieces in medium bowl. Add the remaining 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) cornstarch, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and mix to combine; set aside.
- Heat wok or skillet with 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken mixture and stir until opaque (about 3 minutes). Remove to plate.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to wok or skillet. Stir fry celery, carrots, onion, and garlic for 2 minutes. Add water; cover and cook 2-3 more minutes, just until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Return chicken to wok. Stir broth mixture and add it to wok. Stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add red pepper flakes, snow peas, and most of the cashews. Heat through.
- Serve over hot rice. Use the remaining cashews for garnish.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: large wok or skillet
Serving Size: 1 cup
|-||4 teaspoons cornstarch (1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon)|
|-||1/2 cup chicken broth |
|-||1 tablespoon soy sauce |
|-||1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts - cut into bite sized pieces|
|-||4 tablespoons peanut oil|
|-||2 stalks celery - thinly sliced|
|-||8 ounces package snow peas|
|-||1 carrot - shredded or thinly sliced|
|-||1 onion - cut in half, then sliced thin|
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||2 tablespoons water |
|-||1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes |
|-||1/2 cup cashews |