|IRISH SODA BREAD
- Put oatmeal in food processor, pulse until finely ground.
- Pour into large bowl, add rest of ingredients through caraway seeds, mix well.
- Pour buttermilk in and stir quickly until well combined.
- Shape dough into round ball (about 6" in diameter). Put on baking sheet.
- Place in top half of oven and bake 30 to 40 minutes until lightly browned on top. When you tap the top it will sound hollow. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Make Irish soda bread or purchase store bought.
- Slice half of it into thin slices, about 1/4" wide.
- Cut each slice into 2 or 3 rough squares getting 16 pieces.
- Wrap remaining bread in plastic to enjoy another time.
- Spread approximately 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese spread on bread slices. Top each with a bit of smoked salmon, garnish with dill.
- Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Container: large serving platter
Serving Size: 2 pieces
|-|| IRISH SODA BREAD|
|-||1/2 cup oatmeal |
|-||1 1/2 cups flour |
|-||1/4 cup sugar |
|-||3/4 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup raisins |
|-||1 tablespoon caraway seeds|
|-||3/4 cup buttermilk |
|-||1 loaf Irish soda bread|
|-||1 package whipped cream cheese with chives and onion|
|-||8 ounces smoked salmon, broken up or sliced thin|
|-|| Dried dill for garnish|