- Brush the gas or charcoal grill grates with oil to prevent salmon from sticking.
- Place rack approximately 4" from heat source. Preheat grill (the fire should be very hot).
- SAUCE: In a bowl, mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Just before serving, add in the parsley.
- SALMON: Rub a thin coat of oil on salmon to prevent sticking.
- Spinkle salmon with dill and add a slice of lemon to the top.
- Grill salmon, flesh side down, for 5 minutes. Cover the salmon with foil after the five minutes and then continue to grill for 2 to 3 additional minutes.
- To check for doneness, cut into the center with a sharp knife. If salmon appears flakey, it is done.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and onto a serving platter.
- Pour the gribiche sauce over salmon or serve it on the side. Serve immediately.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: grill, medium mixing bowl
|-||4 salmon fillets |
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||2 teaspoons dill - chopped|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 tablespoon Dijon mustard |
|-||1 tablespoon red wine vinegar |
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 tablespoon capers |
|-||2 sweet pickles - finely chopped|
|-||1 egg - hard boiled and finely chopped|
|-|| black pepper - fresh ground to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon parsley - fresh and chopped|