- In saucepan, heat milk over med-high heat while whisking in cornstarch.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce has thickened, about 1 more minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Slice tomatoes in half.
- On griddle or grill pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Season 2 to 3 chicken breasts with lemon pepper on both sides.
- Place on grill pan. Cook until both sides are golden brown and middle is no longer pink (about 5-7 minutes each side, depending on thickness)
- Remove from heat, cut into bite size pieces to equal about 3 cups.
- Add tomatoes, diced chicken, cheese, green onion, thyme, salt, pepper, and red pepper into thickened milk. Stir until heated through.
- To serve: place 2 English muffin halves open on dinner plates. Spoon chicken mixture over top. Do not plate this dish ahead of time or the muffins with become somewhat soggy: plate right before serving.
- Garnish with extra tomatoes if desired.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Container: medium saucepan, griddle or grill pan
Serving Size: 1
|-||1 1/2 cups milk |
|-||1 tablespoon cornstarch |
|-||1 cup cherry tomatoes or golden grape tomatoes|
|-||3 cups chicken - cooked|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese |
|-||1/2 cup Swiss cheese - shredded|
|-||3 green onions - chopped|
|-||1/2 teaspoon thyme - dried, or 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped|
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper|
|-||1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes - more to taste|
|-||4 English muffins |