- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet.
- Add mushrooms and shallots. Sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and tarragon and sauté for 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to oil in pan already.
- On waxed paper, mix together flour, tarragon, salt & pepper. Dredge breasts in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Place chicken breasts in flavored oil in pan. Cook until golden brown and no pink in the center - about 5-7 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
- Transfer chicken to platter, keep warm.
- In same skillet, pour in chicken broth, stirring up any brown bits. Add half and half, continue stirring.
- Add 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, then add mushroom mixture back into skillet.
- Pour in cornstarch mixture, stirring over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until thick and bubbly. Serve over chicken breasts with wild rice along side.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large skillet
|-||1 8 oz container sliced mushrooms - baby bella or button|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||2 tablespoons unsalted butter |
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||2 shallots - chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon tarragon - fresh|
|-|| salt & pepper to taste|
|-||1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar |
|-||1 cup chicken broth |
|-||1 pint half-n-half |
|-||2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed in 1/3 cup cold water|
|-|| CHICKEN BREASTS|
|-||4 chicken breasts (4-6 oz.) - boned, skinned|
|-||3 tablespoons flour |
|-||1 tablespoon tarragon - fresh, chopped|
|-|| salt & pepper|