- Mix broth, cornmeal, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, salt, chipotle, and garlic in bottom of slow cooker.
- Trim fat off of brisket. Sprinkle with chili powder on both sides. Place in slow cooker and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender, 1-2 more hours.
- Remove meat and potatoes from cooker. Skim fat from sauce. Slice meat and return with potatoes to the sauce. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 hours
|-||2 cups chicken broth |
|-||2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal |
|-||2 teaspoons ground cumin |
|-||2 teaspoons oregano - dried|
|-||1 teaspoon cinnamon |
|-||1 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 chipotle chiles - canned in adobo sauce|
|-||2 cloves garlic - minced|
|-||2 teaspoons chili powder |
|-||1 beef brisket (1.5-2 lb.)|
|-||2 sweet potatoes - large, peeled, cut into 2|