- Pour the dry gelatin mix into a mixing bowl, add the boiling water, and stir for at least 2 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- To 1 cup of cold water, add ice until the level on the measuring cup reaches 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir the ice water into the gelatin until the ice is completely melted.
- Remove 1 3/4 cups of the gelatin and set aside. Refrigerate the remaining gelatin for 30 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add 1 cup of the whipped topping to the chilled gelatin; then whisk it until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the mixture into 8 parfait glasses; then refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the whipped gelatin mixture is set.
- Carefully pour the reserved gelatin over the creamy whipped layer.
- Place the parfait cups back into the refrigerator for 3 hours or until the gelatin is very firm.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped topping.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: parfait cups
|-||1/2 cup boiling water|
|-||2 (3 oz.) packages of strawberry flavored gelatin|
|-|| ice cubes|
|-||1 cup cold water|
|-||2 cups whipped topping, divided|