Note:If desired, red or white wine could be used in place of the chicken broth in this recipe or you could use 1 1/2 cups of wine along with 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons of lemon thyme and the seasoning salt.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a dutch oven or skillet, heat 1/2 cup of oil.
- Add the chicken to the skillet in a single layer. Cook until browned on all sides, then remove to a plate.
- To the remaining oil in a pot, add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melt over medium heat.
- Add the baby bella mushrooms and saute for 7-10 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of leftover seasoned flour from dredging the chicken and whisk to combine with the mushrooms.
- Raise the heat to medium high and while whisking, add in the chicken broth.
- Keep stirring until it thickens, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium low and add in the carrots, pearl onions and snap peas. Salt and pepper to taste and stir occasionally.
- Add the chicken back into the dutch oven and warm it all the way through.
- Serve over hot orzo pasta.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Container: Dutch oven or large skillet
|-||1 cup flour for dredging and also to use for the thickened agent|
|-||2 tablespoons lemon thyme - chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon seasoning salt |
|-||5 chicken tenders or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch pieces|
|-||1/2 cup vegetable oil |
|-||3 cups chicken broth |
|-||2 tablespoons unsalted butter |
|-||8 ounces baby bella mushrooms - sliced|
|-||2 cloves garlic - finely minced|
|-||2 carrots - peeled and cut into 1/4 inch discs|
|-|| salt and pepper to taste|
|-||1 cup snap peas - cut in half|
|-||1 cup pearl onions - skinned|
|-||1 cup orzo pasta - cooked according to package directions|