- Steam broccoli florets just until tender, set aside.
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions, drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a griddle pan or large saute pan.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with lemon pepper.
- Saute, along with the red peper strips, over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer strips and chicken to a bowl.
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour, whisking continuously, add the cream and milk. Keep whisking as it thickens.
- Turn heat to medium low and add the Parmesan cheese and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Stir until melted. Add the chicken strips, red pepper, broccoli and pasta.
- Toss until all is coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler on low just until golden on the top, approximately 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|Prep Time: 10 minutes|
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Container: 13x9x2 baking dish
|-||1 bunch broccoli - cut into bite sized pieces|
|-||2 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||1 tablespoon lemon pepper |
|-||4 chicken breasts - boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch strips or 1 inch cubes|
|-||1 red bell pepper - cored and cut into strips|
|-||2 tablespoons butter |
|-||2 tablespoons flour |
|-||2 cups whipping cream |
|-||1 cup milk |
|-||2 1/2 cups parmesan cheese - shredded|
|-||1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese - grated|
|-||1/2 cup Asiago cheese - grated|
|-||1 pound fettuccine |