- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a fork to mix evenly and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together. Then add the eggs and vanilla, beating on medium for about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and beat for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the macadamia nuts and white chocolate. Stir in by hand just until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. They can be refrigerated overnight.
- Drop the dough by a tablespoon on to a ungreased cookie sheet. Space cookies approximately 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350° F for 11 to 13 minutes. Bake just until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to remain on the cookie sheet for a minute or two before removing and placing on a cooling rack.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.
|Prep Time: 45 minutes|
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1
|-||2 1/4 cups flour |
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup butter or margarine , softened|
|-||3/4 cup sugar |
|-||3/4 cup brown sugar |
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla |
|-||1 cup chopped macadamia nuts |
|-||2 cups white chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks|