- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the carrots, peppers, onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are soft; approximately 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add meat, bread crumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, the cooked vegetables and mix with hands, just until combined (don't over mix).
- Mold the meatloaf on large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Brush all over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: Large mixing bowl, large sauté pan, large rimmed baking sheet.
|-||3 tablespoons olive oil |
|-||2 carrots - finely diced|
|-||1/2 red pepper - finely diced|
|-||1/2 yellow pepper - finely diced|
|-||1/4 cup onion chopped|
|-||5 garlic cloves - chopped|
|-||1 teaspoon red pepper flakes - divided|
|-|| salt and pepper|
|-||2 eggs - large, slightly beaten|
|-||1 tablespoon thyme leaves, fresh - chopped|
|-||1/4 cup parsley - fresh - chopped (more for garnish)|
|-||1 pound ground beef |
|-||1 pound ground pork |
|-||1 cup bread crumbs - Italian style|
|-||1/2 cup parmesan/romano/asiago shredded cheese mix|
|-||1 cup ketchup - divided|
|-||1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar|