- Heat skillet to medium heat, add oil. When oil is hot, add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are tender; approximately 10 minutes.
- Add beef and saute until meat is browned, breaking up large chunks with spatula.
- Add chili powder and oregano, mix until well blended.
- Add beans, corn and tomato sauce. Cover and let simmer until meat is cooked thoroughly; stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Layer tortilla chips on deep serving plates or bowls. Spoon meat mixture over chips. Top with cheese and other toppings as you desire. Serve warm with sour cream.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Container: deep serving plates or bowls, skillet
|-|| onion - chopped|
|-|| garlic - chopped|
|-||1 pound ground beef |
|-||1/4 cup chili powder |
|-||2 teaspoons oregano |
|-||15 ounces black beans - rinsed, drained|
|-||12 ounces tomato sauce |
|-||16 ounces corn - frozen, thawed|
|-||1/4 cup cilantro - fresh|
|-||3 tablespoons lemon juice |
|-||2 cups Cheddar cheese - sharp, shredded|
|-|| tortilla chips |
|-||12 ounces sour cream |
|-|| black olives - chopped (optional)|
|-|| tomato - chopeed (optional)|
|-|| jalapeño - chopped (optional)|