*Note: Can add 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a 9x11 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mxing bowl, stir together the flour, one cup of oats, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer along with the brown sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups of the batter.
- Pat and spread the rest of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and the condensed milk until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate over the oatmeal batter in the pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons of quick oats and 4 teaspoons of softened butter to the reserved batter and mix to incorporate.
- Drop small pieces of the remaining batter sporatically over the chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: 9x11 baking pan, medium mixing bowl, small mixing bowl, hand mixer, small saucepan
|-||2 cups flour |
|-||1 cup oatmeal - quick cooking|
|-||1 teaspoon baking soda |
|-||1 teaspoon baking powder |
|-||1/2 teaspoon salt |
|-||2 eggs |
|-||1 1/2 cups brown sugar - packed|
|-||1/2 cup vegetable oil |
|-||2 teaspoons vanilla extract |
|-||1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips |
|-||2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk |
|-||4 tablespoons oatmeal - quick cooking|
|-||4 teaspoons butter - softened|
|-||1/4 cup walnuts or pecans - finely chopped, if desired|