*Note: These can also be made into a bread when baked in an 8x8 baking pan instead of muffin tins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and sautÃ© the onion until tender but not brown, for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the muffin mix, milk, sour cream, chiles and then the egg. (Do not add the egg first or it will scramble in the hot onion mixture.) Then add half of the cheese, salt and dill.
- Stir to combine and pour into prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of each.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing them from the tins.
|Prep Time: 15 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: muffin tin, medium saute pan
|-||1/4 cup unsalted butter |
|-||1/2 Vidalia onion or other large sweet onion, chopped|
|-||4 ounces chile pepper - chopped|
|-||8 ounces corn bread mix or corn muffin mix|
|-||1 cup sour cream |
|-||1 cup Cheddar cheese - sharp, grated|
|-||1 egg - beaten|
|-||1/3 cup milk |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1/4 teaspoon dill - dried|