- Place chopped chicken in a one gallon resealable plastic bag. Add in the carrot, cashews, onions, parsley, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Seal and refrigerate for several hours to blend the flavors.
- Combine the cream cheese and milk in a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread mixture over the bottom of a 12 inch serving platter or pie plate.
- Spoon the chicken mixture over the cream cheese.
- Drizzle with the sweet and sour sauce and serve with crackers.
- To make the sweet and sour sauce, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
|Prep Time: 20 minutes|
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Container: medium mixing bowl, small saucepan, round serving platter
|-||3/4 cup chicken or turkey - cooked and finely chopped|
|-||1/2 cup carrot - shredded|
|-||1/4 cup cashews - chopped|
|-||3 green onions - chopped|
|-||1 tablespoon parsley - chopped|
|-||2 tablespoons soy sauce |
|-||1/4 teaspoon ginger - ground or 1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger|
|-||1 clove garlic - minced|
|-||8 ounces cream cheese - at room temperature|
|-||1 tablespoon milk |
|-|| SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:|
|-||1/4 cup brown sugar |
|-||2 tablespoons cornstarch |
|-||1/4 cup ketchup |
|-||2 tablespoons vinegar |
|-||1 cup water |
|-||1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce |
|-||3 dashes hot sauce |