- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion. Drain and return the meat mixture to the skillet.
- Add in the beans, corn, soup, milk, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and add the cubed cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Spoon into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dip the biscuits into the melted margarine, turning to coat each side.
- Roll each biscuit into the cornmeal.
- Place the biscuits on top of the bubbling meat mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits are lightly browned and cooked through.
|Prep Time: 25 minutes|
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Container: large skillet, 2 small mixing bowls, 2 1/2 quart baking dish
|-||1 pound ground beef |
|-||1/4 cup onions - chopped|
|-||16 ounces kidney beans - canned, rinsed and drained|
|-||15 ounces corn - canned, whole kernal, drained|
|-||10 ounces tomato soup - canned, condensed and undiluted|
|-||1/4 cup milk |
|-||1 teaspoon chili powder |
|-||1/4 teaspoon salt |
|-||1 cup processed cheese - cubed|
|-||12 ounces refrigerated biscuits |
|-||3 tablespoons butter or margarine |
|-||1/3 cup cornmeal |